Living with narcolepsy is a true challenge in the 21st century. With all the technology, it’s not easy being a part of the society that might harm you if you fall asleep at the wrong time. Not to mention that there’s no option for a standard 9 to 5 job.
In this article, we’re going to talk a little more about this condition and how to treat it best. If you are in any way connected to it, read this article and learn more about it, treating it, and much more!
What is narcolepsy?
Let’s start with the basics. Narcolepsy is a disease or better said a condition that affects the nervous system of the person. It makes people experience sudden falling asleep without any warning during any time of the day.
It is a neurological disorder that is often happening as a result of the ancestors. Following a disorder in the genes, the person might be narcoleptic because some of the ancestors were also narcoleptic. However, this is happening in some 10% of the cases. The other 90% is not quite sure why they get the condition. Learn in details more about it on the link.
What problems can it cause?
The main problem with narcolepsy is that the person suffering from it can’t make any plan and can’t get a normal job like everyone else. The reason for this is because no one can predict when the mind will just fall asleep.
This is why people with this condition can’t let themselves take any activity and go out in public. Without medications, they don’t feel and they are not safe. When the sleep hits them they won’t be able to do anything and will be an easy target for everyone that would like to harm them. Without a safe companion, they can’t move on the street.
How to beat it?
The cure for this isn’t found yet, but scientists managed to find a way to control it. Back in the 1970s in France people discovered and started using a drug called Modafinil. This drug manages to keep the problem under control. A dose of it can postpone the unexpected sleep cycles until it is the actual time to go to bed making people with this problem just like everyone else.
What this drug does is prevent the brain to fall asleep when it wants by itself. Taking a pill in the morning will keep the person with narcolepsy to be able to work throughout the day without the fear that another crisis will happen.
After the obligations are done, the dose will slowly fade away and will live the person back to its natural condition. However, once in their safe home, they can relax that the accidental sleeping can occur without them fearing that it will be a problem.
How to use the modafinil?
The drug is safe for almost everyone. Unless you’re allergic to some of the ingredients inside, chances are big that you won’t experience any of the side effects written in the prescription. Some of them are nausea, high blood pressure, or faster heart rate, but none of these things are life-threatening so you have nothing to worry about.
Before using it, it’s wise to consult a doctor. They will make some tests and understand what kind of dose will be best for you. It’s not wise taking more of the prescribed dose because you may suddenly experience insomnia and other problems. This is not a play and it’s a serious drug so you need to treat with complete caution.
People with narcolepsy should take it every day. Some people are worried about whether it is safe, but scientists have proven that it’s completely safe and there’s nothing to worry about it. If you want to see some more info about this, click here.
Other benefits from it?
Some people use the Modafinil and the other drugs using different brand names that have the same chemical formula for stimulating the brain.
As we said, this is a chemical that can control your brain. It tells it when to go to sleep and when to stay awake. Even though this is the main purpose, there’s another thing that makes ordinary people who are not suffering from narcolepsy also use it.
Even though they have no problems whatsoever, they use these pills for stimulating the brain and getting superpowers. Of course, not like in the comics, they don’t get superheroes, but they get to use a lot more of the capacity of the brain.
It is proven that this drug makes people more focused, concentrated, and gives them a lot more strength to do daily activities. It’s like being able to work in full mode for 6 to 8 hours. Taking a pill of the …