25 Ideas For a Healthier Life
Want a few ideas you can implement to make your life healthier? Try these tips. Here are twenty-five things you can do starting today. You do not have to try to do them all at once. You can implement ideas that are new to you one at a time:
1) Get enough sleep. Most people need 7 to 8 hours a day.
2) Get some physical activity every day. It will rejuvenate your mind and body.
3) Get some sunshine every day. Your body needs it to make vitamin D.
4) Breathe properly. Long deep breaths fully oxygenate your body and fully exchange the air in your lungs.
5) Learn good stress management techniques.
6) Avoid the use of pharmaceuticals unless it is absolutely necessary. This includes over-the-counter medications.
7) Avoid watching disturbing movies, shows and news on television.
8) Employ good hygiene, especially dental hygiene.
9) Smile a lot every day. This will have a positive effect on your mental outlook and improve your mood.
10) Forgive easily, including yourself.
11) Love easily, including yourself.
12) Laugh easily and often.
13) Develop your spirituality in whatever way works best for you.
14) Meditate daily to slow and clear your mind.
15) Eat lots of fruit every day, preferably as your snack in between meals.
16) Eat lots of vegetables every day, especially the leafy green kind which are loaded with nutrients.
17) Try to keep your home as chemical-free as possible.
18) Eat a healthy breakfast every day. This will help your blood sugar be more constant throughout the day and help you avoid unnecessary fatigue and periods of low energy.
19) Chew your food thoroughly.
20) Drink six to eight glasses of pure water every day. Being dehydrated saps your energy and makes you feel tired and listless. Water also works to curb the appetite.
21) Reduce your sugar intake. When you shop, look at labels for hidden sugars (there can be 20 or more names that are all sugar) being aware that most processed food have high sugar levels.
22) Replace sugar with natural sweeteners like stevia when you need to sweeten something. Avoid all artificial sweeteners.
23) Take a fish oil supplement. It is very important to have plenty of Omega 3 fatty acids for your whole body to be healthy and work well.
24) Do not eat anything with hydrogenated oils in it. They are known free-radical producers which can lead to cancer.
25) Avoid drinking all sodas, both diet and regular.